Current Covid-19 Guidelines
The following are the steps we are taking to keep you safe during these times:
Regular Sunday Service at 9AM & 11AM
1. We WILL resume services in Person Sunday Nov. 22 after 1 week away due to a positive case in the church.
2. We ask that everyone be respectful and conscious of others, even those who may not share the same convictions as you:
a. Please wear appropriate face coverings to enter the building and to exit the building at minimum. (we have extra if you would like one)
b. We understand that not all will feel comfortable wearing a mask the entire service indoors and we respect that decision.
c. Please do your best to avoid extended times of proximity with others while in the building.
3. Please do your best to maintain social distancing.
4. Please use the hand sanitizing stations throughout the building and wash your hands with soap and water as much as possible. There are staff and volunteers who are cleaning and disinfecting, even during the service. Bathrooms, door handles, and anything that is prone to touching, in an effort to keep the entire church disinfected and sanitized.
5. Please DO NOT attend church if you are sick or experiencing any symptoms that appear to be COVID related.
6. If you know that you have been directly exposed to an individual known to be positive for COVID, please do not attend until you have quarantined or been tested.
7. Please continue to participate and engage in church services (either online or in-person) so that you do not grow weary and lose heart. Our fellowship is ESSENTIAL!
8. Our moving forward plan: Our State may go into another “shut-down”. We want you to know that your health and safety are our highest priority. We will continue to be vigilant about keeping the atmosphere in this church safe and healthy, both physically, emotionally, and spiritually. We also want you to know that the church board has prayed extensively over this matter and we intend to continue our IN-PERSON services regardless. It is not our intention to violate the law of the state, however, we believe that most importantly is to not violate the law of God. And thus, we fully intend to operate and function as a Church that way scripture exhorts us to function, worshipping together in-person.
If you are NOT comfortable attending services for any reason, please know that you will NOT be judged or condemned by the leadership of this church, nor should any other believer do so. Again, it is my hope and prayer that we will all be kind, gentle, and loving even when we do not all share the same opinions or convictions on certain matters. Also, please keep in mind, you do not know of other individuals’ health records. There are many that simply CANNOT take the risk of being exposed and thus must self-quarantine. My heart goes out to you all especially, as I know you want to be “in-person” and cannot, you are loved and missed!
Now, is a great time for the church to show the world, that we do have love for one another, not just within the church, but also in the community of people that are Un-churched. We do not want to appear insensitive, or not caring about how others feel. Even when we have different opinions, feelings, or convictions, let’s do our very best to handle things as Christ would.
You will also see below that we have a specific set of guidelines for all staff and volunteers. I have included just FYI, these may or may not be the same as regular church attendees. We wanted you to be aware that we are taking the extra precautions to ensure, to the best of our ability your health and safety as you attend church. You are loved, and we pray for you all regularly.
Special Protocols for Kids Church 11am Service, there is no Kids Church at the early service.
Children’s Services will only be offered for children from birth through 6th grade
Check in will begin at 10:30am.
Please download the Church Center App to register before you arrive. This will help cut down on congestion at the check in area.
- Please make sure that your family’s information is up to date in Planning Center before using the app. Please send Ms. Aimee your updated info via email at email@example.com even if you think it’s up to date. Information we need is; parents name, children’s names, family’s address, Email, phone number, and the birth date, and grade in school (if applicable) of each child enrolled.
As a reminder please see our Sick Policy that MUST be followed before entering CP Kids Corner
- Before entering the Kids Corner Area all children will be screened. We will ask questions about health and travel, and we will be recording temperatures.
- It is not mandatory for anyone to wear a mask, but we understand if anyone wants to wear one.
Nursery: Ages Birth through 3
- Only one parent/guardian will be allowed to enter the secure area with the child and that parent’s/guardian’s temperature must be screened before entry.
- The parent/guardian must take the diaper bag to the sanctuary with them during the service. You may leave a “lovey” (i.e. pacifier, blanket or stuffy) and a bottle or cup in the nursery with your child. When your child needs to have their diaper changed, we will text you to do it. Please be sure we have your phone number on file and that your phone is on silent. You will then be asked to take your child to the bathroom or Quiet Room to change them. You can then bring them back to the nursery for the rest of the service.
- Snacks will be given, and we will be using hand sanitizer to wash all hands before snack. Please let us know if you would like us to refrain from giving your child a snack or from using hand sanitizer on them.
Little Kids: Ages 4 and 5
Big Kids: Ages 6 - 6th grade
- Before sending your child through the double doors we will ask you to choose the appropriate social distancing sticker, so that our teachers know how to properly greet them and interact with them during service.
Our fellowship considers the possible spread of Covid-19 seriously and we will continue to do our best to make Centerpoint a safe place to worship. We are asking that you all do your best to adhere to the guidelines the state has laid out. With that said, we also acknowledge that there is a separation of church and state. Our leadership acknowledges that every citizen has the right to worship and to assemble. In our attempt to be safe and honor those in authority, Centerpoint Community Church reserves the right to allow the members of our congregation to self-govern. We have done our best through communication, resources, and other means to allow each individual and family the opportunity to participate in a manner that is structured around their level of comfort and their personal conviction.
Thank you in advance for helping us make this challenging time Safe and Enjoyable for everyone! As always, if you have ANY questions regarding Services and the steps we are taking to keep you safe, please contact the office at 207-872-2084.